Seven Americus businesses cited for underage alcohol sales
Updated: Aug. 13, 2018 at 5:27 PM EDT
AMERICUS, GA (WALB) - Americus Police are cracking down on store clerks selling alcohol to minors.
Seven businesses were cited for violating city code during a sting operation Friday.
The stores cited for violations were:
- Gas-N-Go 202, Hwy 280 West
- Sam's, 1101 South MLK
- Discount Tobacco, 999 Southerfield Road
- Corner Shop, 704 North Lee Street
- Lee Street Food Mart, 1516 South Lee Street
- Spectrum, 311 Tripp Street
- Pure #2, 1702 North MLK
A total of 23 businesses were checked, officials said.
The stores cited violations of the Americus municipal code for the sale of alcohol to underage persons.
Copyright 2018 WALB. All rights reserved.