Search intensifies for missing Thomasville woman
THOMASVILLE, GA (WALB) - It has been more than a week since a Thomas County woman went missing and the search is now intensifying to track her down and law enforcement is asking for your help.
Deanna Shirey, 70, was reported missing Monday, July 2, but a person of interest in her disappearance now in custody could hold the answer to what happened to her.
On Tuesday, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation asked for the help of Thomasville residents, businesses and/or visitors for their assistance in its search for Shirey. Below is a list of what the GBI wants people to look for:
- Please search any property, access to property, bodies of water for any sign of Deanna Shirey.
- Please review any home surveillance systems, animal/trail cameras for any photos of Deanna Shirey, Robert Carter, II, his known associated vehicle (white truck) or the Red Honda CRV - SUV that belongs to Deanna Shirey recovered last week in Tallahassee, Florida. (See picture)
- Of particular attention would be any route(s) from Thomasville to Tallahassee, but not to exclude any other routes thru Thomas County.
- Known vehicle of Robert Carter, II – White Ford F-250 Pickup with the Georgia Tag RCI 5853
- A comforter believed to be missing from Shirey’s residence (see picture)
If any information is known about the above items of interest, please call the GBI Thomasville Office at 229-225-4090, Thomasville Police CID at 229-227-3302 or Thomas County 911 non-emergency dispatch at 229-226-2101.
Robert Lee Carter II, 46, remains in the Thomas County jail without bond. He is facing multiple charges which includes a violent crime spree in which police say several women were either assaulted or held captive by carter.
WALB's camera was in the courtroom Monday as Carter appeared before a judge.
Investigators say on the night of Thursday, July 5, he tied up a woman and assaulted at her Sherwood Drive home.
The following day he's accused of breaking into an Ochlocknee home where he tied up three women and held them hostage before he managed to escape.
Carter has a long list of charges including exploitation of an elderly or disabled adult, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and kidnapping along with other charges.
Carter was found Sunday hiding under a bridge in Ochlocknee.
The convicted child molester was taken into custody following a massive manhunt involving numerous local, state and federal law enforcement officers.
One thing investigators say Carter had in common with his alleged victims was that he worked for them as a handyman.
Investigators are now trying to determine if he has any involvement in the disappearance of Deanna Shirey whose car was found abandoned in Tallahassee.
Shirey's family is also offering a reward for her return.
If you have any information about her whereabouts you're asked to call the Thomasville Police Department at 227-3249.
Copyright 2018 WALB. All rights reserved.