THOMASVILLE, GA (WALB) - An indictment in an investigation into a Thomasville private school administrator was handed down in the Thomas County Superior Court in July.
Dr. Linda McLean, 66, was indicted on July 13 on 15 charges, ranging from simple battery to cruelty to children in the first degree.
She was charged with felony cruelty to children at that time.
McLean was indicted on the following charges:
- 8 counts cruelty to children in the first degree
- 4 counts aggravated assault
- 1 count battery
- 1 count simple battery
- 1 count simple assault
The indictment lists eight children, with the following accusations:
- Child #1 - Indictment states that McLean struck the child with a ruler and also grabbed the child around the neck and shook her.
- Child #2 - Indictment states that McLean grabbed the child by the throat, pushing him/her into furniture, pinning down and getting close to their face. It also lists that McLean whipped the child with a belt in the lunchroom in front of other students. The child had welts on their arms, legs, back, and chin.
- Child #3 - Indictment states that McLean placed her hands around child's throat and threatened to choke the life out of her
- Child #4 - Indictment states that McLean struck the child with a ruler on hands and body, pinching throat.
- Child #5 - Indictment states McLean threatened to hit a child with a broom in the head.
- Child #6 - Indictment states that McLean grabbed a child by head, twisted neck and forced head onto tabled repeatedly.
- Child #7 - Indictment states that McLean forced a child to lie across a chair with pants down, required bigger students to pin him down so she could whip him.
- Child #8 - Indictment states that McLean threw a workbook at child
Copyright 2017 WALB. All rights reserved.