Mother unconscious, 4 year-old dials 911
LEE CO., GA (WALB) - A brave little Lee County boy is now being called a hero. He calmly called 911 after his mother passed out. And with the help from dispatchers he was able to save the day.
Dispatcher: "Lee County 911."
Jaden Howe: "My mommy is passed out and she can't talk. She's on the floor."
4 year-old Jaden Howe didn't know what was wrong with his mom. "I think she was really sad," said Jaden.
But he knew she wasn't responding and he needed help.
"I had given him a bath, put some clothes on him and then as I was walking out from his room in the hallway I was about to call my husband I fell," said Juana Snell.
Snell says she passed out at their home Tuesday and that's when her son sprung into action, calling 911.
"We've practiced. We went over the numbers and how to press the green button. Thank god he remembered," said Snell.
Dispatcher: "What's your address?"
Jaden: "Uh...what's our address Mommy? Mommy!"
Little Jaden called from his mom's cell phone, but couldn't remember his address.
Dispatcher: "Do you know your neighbor?"
Dispatcher: "Is your Momma awake?"
Jaden: "No, she's on the ground with her eyes closed and she can't move."
The dispatcher told Jaden to go to his neighbor's house so they could get an exact location.
He stayed on the phone with the dispatcher until he got to her house, then hung up. But the neighbor called back and paramedics were on their way just as Snell became conscious.
"I said it's going to be fine," said Jaden.
"He did say that. He said it's going to be just fine Mommy," said Snell.
And Snell still can't believe her playful four year-old saved the day. "The funniest thing is that he was just so calm. Because when I woke up when the paramedics came in he was like a little grown man."
While little Jaden wants to be a builder when he grows up.. Right now he's got a pretty special job being a hero.
"I was so happy that I wasn't alone, that he was here with me and is my little hero. Right?" said Snell. "Right," said Jaden.Snell was treated at her home on Tuesday. She ended up going to the hospital Thursday and was diagnosed with a severe sinus infection.