Leesburg man electrocuted on the job

Published: Aug. 25, 2011 at 2:28 PM EDT|Updated: Aug. 29, 2011 at 9:49 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn
(Source: Facebook)
(Source: Facebook)

AMERICUS, GA (WALB) - Around 7:40 Thursday morning, 21-year-old Sean Scott of Leesburg died while working on the new Phoebe Sumter Hospital in Americus.

After coming in contact with a live wire, Scott then fell 12 to 15 feet from a ladder.

"We are very sad for the individual's family as well as his coworkers. The entire Phoebe family will be in mourning as well as our community over this tragic loss," said Phoebe Hospital CEO Keith Petersen.

Scott was an apprentice journeyman with Inglett and Stubbs Electrical Construction Company.

Company representatives refused to comment as this investigation continues.

Scott attended Lee County High where he played football.

"He just had a great attitude around practices. Whatever you needed done he did. If you asked him to go run something for another team's play he would do that in a heartbeat," said Lee County High School Principal Kevin Dowling.

Principal Dowling remembers Scott as a good kid.

"He was always smiling. He really wasn't that kid that seemed down in the dumps a lot. He wasn't one of those kids that gave you an attitude. He did whatever the team needed him to do," said Principal Dowling.

Dowling says Scott meant a great deal to the community and those who knew him will always remember him.

"For the kids that knew Sean in high school or knew him after high school, I'm sure they remember the smile and the good attitude and good work ethic, that I'm sure was always still there. I'm sure a lot of kids that went to school with him and remember him, remember him fondly," said Principal Dowling.

Dowling says Scott will be always be remembered as a Trojan.

Copyright 2011 WALB.  All rights reserved.