Braves vs. Nationals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 30
Austin Riley will try to collect his 100th RBI of the year (he has 98) when his Atlanta Braves (103-57) take on the Washington Nationals (70-90) at 7:20 PM ET on Saturday.
The Braves will give the ball to Spencer Strider (19-5, 3.86 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 20 on the season, and the Nationals will turn to Joan Adon (2-4, 6.42 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Nationals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Time: 7:20 PM ET
- TV: BSSE
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Venue: Truist Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Strider - ATL (19-5, 3.86 ERA) vs Adon - WSH (2-4, 6.42 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|Braves vs Nationals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Nationals Player Props|
|Braves vs Nationals Odds|
|Braves vs Nationals Prediction|
|How to Watch Braves vs Nationals|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Spencer Strider
- The Braves will hand the ball to Strider (19-5) for his 32nd start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up four earned runs and allowed seven hits in 5 2/3 innings against the Washington Nationals.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 3.86 and 13.6 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .208 in 31 games this season.
- In 31 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 18 of them.
- Strider has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has six appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 31 chances this season.
Spencer Strider vs. Nationals
- The Nationals are batting .253 this season, 12th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .395 (23rd in the league) with 151 home runs.
- The Nationals have gone 10-for-44 with three doubles, a home run and four RBI in two games against the right-hander this season.
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Joan Adon
- Adon makes the start for the Nationals, his 10th of the season. He is 2-4 with a 6.42 ERA and 43 strikeouts in 47 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was on Sunday against the Atlanta Braves, when the right-hander went 4 2/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up five hits.
- In 11 games this season, the 25-year-old has amassed an ERA of 6.42, with 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .275 against him.
- Adon enters this outing with two quality starts under his belt this year.
- Adon will try to collect his sixth outing of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 4.3 innings per appearance.
- He has had two appearances this season that he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
Joan Adon vs. Braves
- The opposing Braves offense has the best slugging percentage (.501) and ranks first in home runs hit (304) in all of MLB. They have a collective .276 batting average, and are first in the league with 1523 total hits and first in MLB play scoring 933 runs.
- Adon has pitched 4 2/3 innings, giving up four earned runs on five hits while striking out five against the Braves this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.