18-year-old arrested on narcotics and firearm charges in Valdosta
VALDOSTA, Ga. (WALB) - An 18-year-old is facing drug and gun charges after his arrest by Valdosta police.
On Wednesday at 11 p.m., detectives with the Valdosta Police Department say they saw a group of people acting suspiciously around a vehicle. Before they could get a closer look, the group dispersed.
Detectives found three firearms, one stolen from Lowndes County, and cocaine inside the vehicle, according to police. While checking the area where a couple of people ran from, detectives say they also found two more firearms on the ground.
Detectives arrested 18-year-old Sherod R. Tucker, who had been inside the vehicle, on charges of:
· Possession of cocaine with intent to distribute
· Possession of cocaine with intent to distribute within 1,000 feet of a park
· Possession of cocaine with intent to distribute within 1,000 feet of a housing project
· Possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony
· Theft by receiving stolen property
He was taken to Lowndes County Jail.
Detectives are still investigating the case to identify all the people involved.
Copyright 2023 WALB. All rights reserved.