Tornado watch canceled; showers, thunderstorms still possible through Sunday night
First Alert Weather Day declared
ALBANY, Ga. (WALB) - Potentially severe weather is expected on Sunday.
The WALB First Alert Weather Team has declared a First Alert Weather Day.
A tornado watch was issued for Southwest Georgia but was canceled.
All of Southwest Georgia will be under a slight risk of severe storms, which is a two of out five risk level.
Primary threats include large hail and damaging winds at a 15% change and a tornado threat at a 5% chance.
There is a marginal risk of flash flooding. Rain inches total up to 1-3 and 5+ locally.
The projected timing on Sunday is 1 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Monday.
There are reports of damage and power outages in Southwest Georgia.
A downed power line has been reported in Coffee County. A downed tree has been reported on Stage Coach Road in Mitchell County.
Here is a list of weather resources:
- Download the WALB First Alert Weather app: Apple | Android
- Follow WALB First Alert Weather on Facebook
- Follow WALB First Alert Weather on Twitter
- Watch up-to-date coverage on the Roku, Amazon Fire and Apple TV apps
Below is a list of Albany radio stations that provide weather updates:
- WALG 1590 AM broadcasts WALB news and weather
- Hear our weather forecasts on the new RETRO - FM, 102.1
- NASH FM 104.5 WKAK airs WALB’s meteorologist forecasts.
If there is severe weather damage in your area, send us photos and videos below when it is safe to do so.
Copyright 2023 WALB. All rights reserved.