Georgia Bulldogs express support for mauled 11-year-old boy
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) - As a Columbia County boy recovers in the hospital after being attacked by three dogs, the Georgia Bulldogs had a surprise for him.
Justin Gilstrap got to talk from the hospital with the national champion Bulldogs’ quarterback, Stetson Bennett.
Justin also got some gifts from the team.
Justin also recently got a special shout-out from head coach Kirby Smart.
The 11-year-old is getting an outpouring of support as he heads into his next surgery Monday.
Several local businesses came together Friday to raise money for him, and he’s been getting packages from England, Australia and every state in the United States.
“He’s seeing there’s still good in people and he is seeing that. It’s gotten him off of the bad part of this and seeing the good part of it. Which is what I hoped for,” said his mom, Erika Stevens.
Three dogs attacked him Jan. 6 as he was riding his bike just off Langston Drive in Columbia County. The dogs have since been euthanized.
- Officials euthanize 3 dogs that mauled 11-year-old boy
- Virtual racers give support to young dog-mauling victim
- A look at past reports against dogs in Grovetown attack
- Community rallies together after Columbia County dog attack
- Grovetown 11-year-old boy undergoes several surgeries after dog attack
- Surgeries continue for 11-year-old mauled by 3 dogs in Columbia County
- Dog owner out on bond after 11-year-old hospitalized for dog attack
Copyright 2023 WRDW/WAGT. All rights reserved.