Lee Co. parents offered choice for asymptomatic students who may have been exposed to COVID
LEESBURG, Ga. (WALB) - Lee County School System parents have a choice if they have a student(s) who is asymptomatic and is determined to be a close contact of a school-based exposure from a positive COVID case.
According to an announcement from the school system, parents can choose from the following two options:
- Keep the student home for five days after the exposure.
- Have the student remain in school while properly wearing a face-covering during the five days after exposure.
These options only apply to students as long as they are asymptomatic and do not have a fever, runny nose, coughing, headaches, etc.
The school system asks parents to please note the following:
- Masks are strongly encouraged for all students and staff.
- Teachers who have a health condition may require students to wear a face-covering or use a desk shield in class.
- In addition to the above-stated, other safety protocols in school will be enacted starting tomorrow.
- If you have questions or concerns, please direct them to SafeLCSS@lee.k12.ga.us.
Copyright 2021 WALB. All rights reserved.