Unattended cooking caused apartment fire, VFD says
VALDOSTA, Ga. (WCTV) - The Valdosta Fire Department responded to an apartment fire Sunday afternoon.
Crews were on scene at 1505 East Park Avenue after the call to dispatch came in at 2:02 p.m. The first unit found heavy smoke coming from a window of the residence. Crews managed to control the fire quickly.
VFD says the residents were not in the apartment when firefighters arrived, and no injuries were reported in this fire.
Sixteen fire personnel responded to the scene. Three people were displaced as a result of the fire.
VFD says the cause of the fire was unattended cooking.
VFD asked people to avoid the East Park Avenue area if possible.
Copyright 2021 WCTV. All rights reserved.