Advertisement

Tifton man left homeless after fire destroys home

Eddie Polk Jr. said a neighbor of his woke him up out of his sleep and he made it out before...
Eddie Polk Jr. said a neighbor of his woke him up out of his sleep and he made it out before the fire got worse(WALB)
Updated: May. 31, 2021 at 9:36 AM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

TIFTON, Ga. (WALB) - Eddie Polk Jr. has been homeless for two weeks after his trailer was gutted by fire.

A neighbor woke him up, and Polk made it out before the fire got worse. Polk said he’s thankful he made it out alive with no injuries, but he lost everything.

Polk lived on Ermine Avenue for 17 years, but now he stays in his truck or occasionally at a friend’s house.

Polk said he’s thankful he made it out alive with no injuries but he lost everything.
Polk said he’s thankful he made it out alive with no injuries but he lost everything.(WALB)

Polk details all of the items that he lost, including his clothes.

“The problem is most wiring is located behind sheetrock or concrete or block walls. And by being located there you can’t see that damage that occurs” said Polk.

Polk said he needs help to get back on his feet. To help, call (229) 402-9418 for more information.

Tifton Fire Chief Bobby Bennett said the fire was caused by a wiring issue with a mini-fridge.

Copyright 2021 WALB. All rights reserved.