If you love peanuts, we’ve got a contest for you!
ALBANY, Ga. (WALB) - March is National Peanut Month!
Celebrate with a chance to win a prize basket full of all things peanut from the Georgia Peanut Commission!
Did you know?
- Georgia farmers produced 53% of the United States’ peanuts in 2020 – more than 1.64 million tons.
- Georgia farmers harvested 800,000 acres, yielding an average of 4,100 pounds per acre.
- Georgia farmers planted peanuts in 76 counties in Georgia.
- Georgia has approximately 4,500 peanut farmers.
- Georgia peanuts accounted for 23% of the state’s row and forage crops income.
- Peanuts are Georgia’s Official State Crop.
For more information on anything peanut, visit the Georgia Peanuts Commission’s website.
Copyright 2021 WALB. All rights reserved.