ALBANY, Ga. (WALB) - As of noon Tuesday, these were Phoebe’s COVID-19 numbers:
- Total COVID-19 Patients in Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital – 92
- Total COVID-19 Patients in Phoebe Sumter Medical Center – 13
- Total COVID-19 Patients in Phoebe Worth Medical Center – 0
- Total Inpatients Recovered – 1,615
- Total Positive Deaths from Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital – 198
- Total Positive Deaths from Phoebe Sumter – 46
- Total People Vaccinated – 2,061
“Southwest Georgia remains in the midst of a dangerous COVID-19 surge, and our latest projections indicate we are at least several weeks away from the peak of that surge,” said Scott Steiner, Phoebe Putney Health System President & CEO.
“As the virus transmission rate increases, deaths are going up as well. In the last month, more than 30 of our COVID-19 patients have died. We are taking extraordinary measures to expand our capacity to handle the surge, including hiring additional staff and reorganizing staffing resources to maximize our COVID-19 clinical care capabilities.”
“We need the people of southwest Georgia to do their part by wearing masks, avoiding crowds and getting the COVID-19 vaccine when they are eligible,” Steiner said.
“The state of Georgia will soon allow us to open vaccinations to people in our communities who are 65 and older. We are finalizing our plan to begin those vaccinations, and we will announce those plans later this week.”
Because of increased COVID-19 activity, Phoebe will return to twice-weekly news release updates on Tuesdays and Fridays.