LEESBURG, Ga. (WALB) - The Lee County Board of Commissioners Administration offices along with several other government buildings in Lee County will be closed to the public beginning Monday because of a recent increase in positive COVID-19 cases.
Offices are expected to reopen on Monday, Jan. 4.
County officials said they encourage residents to use online, telephone, dropboxes, and drive-thru services to conduct business with county personnel.
If you need to meet with staff, you can call and make an appointment.
These businesses will be closed:
- Animal Shelter- (229) 759-6037 at 101 Mossy Dell Road
- Parks and Recreation- (229) 759-6047 at 141 Park Street West
- T. Page Tharp Building (dropbox outside) – (229) 759-6000 at 102 Starksville Avenue North
- Tax Assessor’s Office – (229) 759-6010 at 104 Leslie Highway, Suite B
- Utilities Authority (drive-thru only) – (229) 759-6056 at 905 US Highway 19 South
Officials said the Elections office, including all polling places, and the courts will remain open to the public.
You can continue to monitor the county’s website or Facebook page for updates regarding COVID-19, as well as government office closures and ways to contact the office staff. Residents may also call (229) 759-6000.