SOUTHWEST, Ga. (WALB) - A number of events across Southwest Georgia are being postponed or canceled ahead of concerns from the coronavirus.
Below is a running list of events:
- Dougherty County Probate Court will not be taking applications or processing renewals for gun permits. The emergency period will TOLL EXPIRATION DATES on permits, so not to worry if your permit is expiring before April 13th.
- Marriage licenses will still be issued, but you are urged to start the process online at the county website (Dougherty.ga.us). The court will still register deaths and issue cremation/disposition permits, but ALL birth and death certificate requests should be made BY MAIL. Include a copy of your driver’s license or other official ID and $25 money order or local check. Lastly, court filings will be accepted, but deadlines are on hold.
- The 10th Annual Lt. Cliff Rouse Memorial Ride set for March 21 has been postponed
- The Fire Ant Festival in Ashburn has been postponed.
- The Americus Hot Glass Craft Beer Festival has been postponed. Organizers are working to reschedule the event.
- Chehaw’s Native American Festival has been canceled.
- Swamp Gravy at Cotton Hall Theater in Colquitt will not perform the next two weekends. Tickets are being refunded.
- The Albany State Blue and Gold Gala has been postponed.
- The Exchange Club of Albany has canceled all meetings and banquets, including Book of Golden Deeds Banquet.
- Calico Festival in Moultrie has been canceled.
- The Albany Museum of Art announced a number of program changes: Spring Family Day has been rescheduled to April 18; the AMA Art Lovers Book Club has been rescheduled to April 21; Yoga Bunny has been postponed and Kiwanis Student Art Show reception has been canceled and the artwork will be shown in the Willson Auditorium from March 24-April 3.
- The Fitzgerald Wild Chicken Festival has been canceled.
- The Valdosta-Lowndes Azalea Festival is canceled.
- Thomasville History Center and Lapham-Patterson House Suspend Public Activities until March 31.
- The 10th Annual Lt. Cliff Rouse Memorial Ride has been postponed.
- The Tifton Walk to End Alzheimer’s new volunteer kickoff party has been canceled.
The City of Albany announced on Facebook they plan “minimize, postpone, or cancel non-essential meetings and gatherings, both public and internal."
The Lee County Recreation Department has postponed all recreation activities until March 27.
- Crisp County has canceled all large county events and mass gatherings, and all the county-owned recreation facilities are closed until further notice.
- The Peanut Proud Festival in Blakely is canceled
This is a developing list. If we hear of more postponed or canceled events, we will update this list.