SYLVESTER, Ga. (WALB) - A man was arrested on drug charges Wednesday after Worth County deputies issued a search warrant in the 400 block of Worth Street around 11 a.m.
Deputies said Lorenzo “Boogaloo” Williams was taken into custody after he ran from the Worth County Drug Unit and was caught.
After a search of the residence, deputies found 90 Xanax, 7 Oxycodone, 34.7 grams of Ecstasy, 58 Hydrocodone, 5 Clonazepam, 10 Gabapentin, a number of other unknown pills and marijuana, according to a release.
A digital scale and pipe were also found, the release said.
The release said that a blue 2002 Ford Crown Victoria and $1,839 in cash were seized from the property.
Williams was taken to the Worth County Jail and booked on the following pending charges:
- Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Distribute
- Possession of Hydrocodone with the Intent to Distribute
- Possession of Oxycodone with the Intent to Distribute
- Trafficking of MDMA (Ecstasy)
- Possession of Xanax with the Intent to Distribute
- Possession of a Schedule 4 Narcotic with the Intent to Distribute
- Possession of Drug Related Objects
- Obstruction of a Law Enforcement Officer (Misdemeanor)
- Transactions in Controlled Substances within 1,000 feet of Housing Authority Projects
Worth County Sheriff Don Whitaker said his department has been very successful in tracking down and arresting drug dealers.
“It’s to get these drugs out of the county and though we know we will never totally get it all out, we are going to hit everyone that we can possibly hit,” said Whitaker.
Whitaker said the drug unit will continue making efforts to get these narcotics off the streets.