ALBANY, Ga. (WALB) - A new Calhoun State Prison employee was arrested this week, according to Calhoun County Sheriff Josh Hilton.
Ashley Wimberly was arrested and charged with a number of drug charges.
She was charged with the following:
- Manufacture/deliver/distribute/administer/sell/possess with intent to distribute cocaine
- Trafficking marijuana
- Conspiracy to commit a felony
- Two counts of crossing state guard lines with contraband
- Two counts of giving contraband inmates
- Violation of oath by public officer
Wimberly is still being held in the Calhoun County Jail, according to officials.
WALB has reached out to the Department of Corrections to find out Wimberly’s job status but haven’t heard back.
Hilton said that the state prison investigators are working the case because the employee was arrested with contraband at the prison.
Hilton said his office arrested two visitors at the prison this week as well.
Early Evans and Tabitha Evans were also arrested for contraband at the prison.
Both were charged with giving contraband to or contraband possession by inmates.
Early Evans was also charged with crossing state guard lines with contraband.
Both bonded out of jail.
It’s not clear by their booking reports what the contraband was.