Interactive: Tracking 2019 homicide cases in Dougherty Co.
Updated: Jul. 15, 2019 at 12:11 PM EDT
ALBANY, Ga. (WALB) - WALB has compiled an interactive map detailing the homicides that have happened so far in 2019.
This story contains a full list of the 2019 cases classified as a homicide in the City of Albany and Dougherty County.
- Larry Bernard McCray, 18, was found shot in an alley that runs through two different apartment complexes in the 1300 block of Whispering Pines Road on March 2. McCray was the first homicide victim in Albany for 2019.
- Jaime Lee Lewis, 41, died after an attempted home burglary turned fatal shooting on March 2.
- Jontavious Price, 24, died after he was shot in the chest in what started as an argument at a South Van Buren Street apartment on March 20.
- Janiyah Brooks, 3, died from sexual abuse injuries after she was taken off a ventilator in Atlanta on May 18. Gregory Parker, Janiyah’s stepfather, and Crystal Brooks, Janiyah’s mother, were charged in the case.
- Joseph Mallory, 71, died from injuries after being stabbed in the head during a confrontation with another man over complaints about music being played too loud on June 30.
- Takeem Maurice Brown, 23, was found with a gunshot wound to his chest in the 400 block of Heard Avenue on July 15.
- Na’Corie Williams, 13, died after he was shot by his brother in the 200 block of Carroll Street.
- Quamyia Jones, 17, was shot and found dead on the 1900 block of West Highland Avenue on Aug. 10.
- Kawoski Antonio Newberry, 20, was found dead after he was shot in a backyard in the 600 block of Cherry Avenue.
- Zenas Lee Davis, 38, was shot and killed in Downtown Albany.
- Dorien McKenzie Judge, 18, was shot in an alley behind the 700 block of West Society Avenue, across the street from Hugh Mills Stadium.
- Teresa Lynn Cole, 61, was found dead near the Albany Transportation Terminal on Nov. 4.
- Nykeah Gilbert, 22, was shot in the upper body and later died in a shooting on Nov. 28.
Copyright 2019 WALB. All rights reserved.