Albany family displaced after W. Oglethorpe house fire

West Oglethorpe Fire

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A family of three was displaced Tuesday night after a house fire that happened on the 1900 block of West Oglethorpe Boulevard.

The fire happened just after 3:15 p.m.

Albany firefighters say the cause of the fire was cooking left unattended in a pan on the stove.

The fire caused extensive damage in the kitchen, bathroom, and back porch of the home, according to the Albany Fire Department.

The damage was estimated at $30,000 dollars.

Firefighters are urging people to use caution when cooking to prevent fires.

Copyright 2019 WALB. All rights reserved.