Man airlifted to hospital after mobile home fire

Man airlifted to hospital after mobile home fire
One man was airlifted to a Gainesville, Fla. house after his mobile home caught fire in Worth County.

WORTH CO., GA (WALB) - A man has been airlifted to the hospital after his mobile home caught fire in Poulan.

The Worth County Fire Department responded to a house fire on the 200 block of Pepper Street around 1 p.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters say that grease caught fire in the kitchen while the victim was cooking and he threw water on it, causing a bigger flame.

The man suffered second and third-degree burns to his face and arms, according to the fire department.

He was airlifted to University of Florida hospital in Gainesville, Florida.

We are unaware of the victim’s condition or identity at the time.

We will continue to keep you updated as more information comes in.

Copyright 2019 WALB. All rights reserved.