DOUGLAS, GA (WALB) - The City of Douglas is encouraging residents to clean around their homes and participate in free junk drop-off services to dispose of excess junk.
The next date will be Saturday, May 18 at the City Pole Yard, 670 S. Pearl Avenue, from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
A dumpster will be placed there for residents to dispose of large, non-hazardous and electronic items at no cost.
The following guidelines are to be followed during drop-off:
- No one will be available to help unload items.
- The city is not responsible for any damages that occur while unloading.
- No construction material/debris or business/commercial dumping allowed.
- The drop-off collection is for Douglas residents only.
- Residents participating in drop-off are asked to provide proof of residency such as a utility bill.
- The maximum drop off is two loads.
Acceptable brown and white good items include:
- Washing machines
- Television and other items
Please drain chemicals from appliances. This does not apply to:
- Construction materials/debris
- Hazardous chemicals such as paints/solvents
- Household cleaners
- Motor Oil
Construction/debris items should be taken to Coffee County Landfill located, 1219 Landfill Road off Highway 206 W, on Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon.
There is a charge for dumping items at the landfill.
Remaining drop-off dates for 2019 are:
- June 1 and 15
- July 6 and 20
- August 3 and 17
- September 7 and 21
- October 5 and 19
- November 2 and 16
- December 7 and 21
For more information, please call (912) 384-3302 or Dial 311.