1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WALB, LLC ("WALB-TV"), 1709 Stuart Avenue, Albany, GA 31707; Tony's Westside Athletic Club, 623 North Westover Boulevard, Albany, GA 31707; Albany Travel Agency, 2305 Dawson Road, Albany, GA 31707; Palmyra Medical Center, 2000 Palmyra Road, Albany, GA 31701; Palmyra Surgical, LLC, 810 13th Avenue, Suite 108, Albany, GA 31701, Nu Image Salon and Day Spa, 711 North Westover Boulevard, Suite H, Albany, GA 31707("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 12pm February 18, 2008 and ends at 1pm Jun 13, 2008. Entries must be received by 5pm February 29, 2008. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Georgia, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WALB-TV, Tony's Westside Athletic Club, Albany Travel Agency, Palmyra Medical Center, Palmyra Surgical, and Nu Image Salon and Day Spa, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There are 7 ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at 12pm / February 18, 2008, individuals can obtain an entry form at www.walb.com; WALB-TV, 1709 Stuart Avenue, Albany, GA 31707; Tony's Westside Athletic Club, 623 North Westover Boulevard, Albany, GA 31707; Albany Travel Agency, 2305 Dawson Road, Albany, GA 31707; Palmyra Medical Center, 2000 Palmyra Road, Albany, GA 31701; Palmyra Surgical, LLC, 810 13th Avenue, Suite 108, Albany, GA 31701, Nu Image Salon and Day Spa, 711 North Westover Boulevard, Suite H, Albany, GA 31707. To be eligible, all entries must include the completed entry form obtained from www.walb.com, 2 full-length photographs (one front-view and one side-view), written doctor's permission to participate in the competition, and a signed Release/Affidavit of Eligibility also obtained from www.walb.com. Entries must be received by 5pm February 29, 2008 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must include written doctor's permission to participate, one full-length photograph of entrant taken front-view, one full-length photograph of entrant taken side-view,
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prize(s). 10 semi-finalists will receive one free lap-band consultation from Palmyra Surgical. 4 finalists will receive two South Georgia Biggest Loser t-shirts from WALB-TV, 2 personal training sessions per week of competition (March 17, 2008 through June 12, 2008) from Tony's Westside Athletic Club, and 4 diet and nutritional counseling sessions from Palmyra Medical Center to be used by May 30, 2008. One Grand Prize winner will receive a one-year membership to Tony's Westiside Athletic Club (value $460); a gift certificate from Albany Travel Agency for a Superior Package 5-day cruise for two people on Carnival Cruise Lines with an ocean-view room which includes government taxes, fees, and shipboard gratuities (alcohol and spa treatments are not included) (value $1,500); one complimentary hair-styling treatment, skin treatment, and make-up consultation from Nu Image Salon and Day Spa (value $100).
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Beginning on February 18th, 2008 the public will have the chance to enter to win a prize package including the gift certificate for a Carnival Cruise. Ten semi-finalists will be chosen from entries received from all registration sites. The ten semi-finalists will receive one free Lap-Band procedure consultation from Palmyra Surgical. Beginning Monday, March 10, 2008, the public will vote to determine the four finalists. The four finalists will then begin the 12-week competition. The 4 finalists will receive two South Georgia Biggest Loser t-shirts from WALB-TV, 2 personal training sessions per week from March 17, 2008 through June 12, 2008 from Tony's Westside Athletic Club, and 4 diet and nutritional counseling sessions from Palmyra Medical Center to be used by May 30, 2008. The Grand Prize winner will be determined by the highest percentage of weight lost. If two finalists have the same percentage of weight loss, the winner will then be determined by the total number of inches lost from chest, waist, and hips.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and amount of weight lost.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. A winner must take possession of his or her prize immediately or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WALB-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WALB-TV if WALB-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WALB-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WALB-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WALB-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).