There are many ways to restore your gas mileage and even get better gas mileage. Some of these include having certain preventive maintenance services, while others incorporate driving habits that promote conservation of fuel.
Here are some highlights:
1. Regularly have your vehicle serviced - at minimum what your vehicle manufacturer recommends.
2. Allow us to design a preventive maintenance program for each of your vehicles - we'll let you know what you need when it's needed.
3. Make sure your air filter is clean.
4. If needed, have us perform a fuel injection cleaning service.
5. Make sure your tires are inflated to the proper air pressure.
6. Use the proper fuel for your vehicle.
7. Have us check your oxygen sensors to make sure they are in working order.
8. Avoid hard acceleration and fast stops - try to gradually accelerate and decelerate.
9. Use your cruise control when traveling for long periods of time and not in heavy traffic.
10. Try to combine some short trips wherever possible and plan your routes to save time.
11. If you think you're going to be idling for a while, consider turning off the engine.