ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Several South Georgia dishes were ranked among the 100 most popular dishes in the state. The Georgia Department of Economic Development's Tourism Division released their popular "100 Plates Locals Love" list Monday. The list is included in the 2018 state culinary guide, Georgia Eats.
Since the inaugural issue of Georgia Eats, Georgia Tourism has designated the "100 Plates Locals Love" as a way to provide visitors with locally sourced suggestions. Nominations from around the state are gathered via ExploreGeorgia.org and evaluated by a panel of judges who curate the list down to the final dishes.
South Georgia dishes on the list include:
- Heirloom tomato pie at The American in Bainbridge
- Pork chop dinner at Big Nick's in Valdosta
- Blue crab deluxe plate at Big Willy's Seafood in Albany
- Chicken salad sandwich at The Brown Bag Sandwich Shop in Nashville
- Ahi tuna dinner at The Catch Seafood Room & Oyster Bar in Albany
- Big art at Fuller's Restaurant & Catering in Moultrie
- Greek salad at The Plaza Restaurant & Oyster Bar in Thomasville
- Chili dog at Shady Lane Drive Inn in Tifton
- Pimento dumplings at So. Ho. in Thomasville
- Strawberry ice cream at Southern Grace Farms in Enigma
- Brunswick stew at Stripling's General Store in Cordele
- Steak gordita at Super Mercado Tarahurama in Douglas
- Turkey and dressing at Holt's Bakery in Douglas
- Duck gumbo at The LOCAL Kitchen:Bar in Tifton
You can view the full "100 Plates Locals Love" list here.