ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An Albany family is displaced after an early Wednesday morning house fire.
Albany Fire Crews responded to the 600 block of Parkwood Avenue around 6:30 a. m.
Battalion Chief Wesley Wells said it was an electrical fire that started in the garage, and the firefighters had it extinguished within minutes.
Everyone made it out of the home safely, including the family's dog.
Wells said there is heavy damage to the garage and smoke damage to the attic and inside the home.
The American Red Cross will be notified to help assist the family.