LEE CO., GA (WALB) - A Lee County man has been indicted on several counts in a child molestation case.
According to court documents from April 24, Nelson Orlando Lopez has been indicted on the following 19 counts:
- 8 counts of sexual exploitation of children
- 5 counts of aggravated child molestation
- 2 counts of child molestation
- 2 counts of enticing a child for indecent purposes
- 1 count of cruelty to a child in the first degree
The incidents that led to the charges began in October of 2017 and go through February of this year.
Lopez was arrested on February 5 of this year.
The same victim is named in each count.
According to the indictment, Lopez is accused of committing sexual and indecent acts to a child under the age of 16. He is also accused of recording some of those acts and showing the videos to others.
Investigators covering this case said that Lopez could face more charges as well.
If anyone has any information on this case, investigators at the Lee County Sheriff's Office encourage you to step forward and speak with them.