CRISP CO., GA (WALB) - Agents with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation raided six businesses and two homes as part of a commercial gambling sweep.
The GBI's Commercial Gambling Unit, Mid-South Narcotics Task Force, the Crisp County Sheriff's Office, worked together with the Georgia Lottery Corporation and the Georgia Department of Revenue to execute the warrants.
The following businesses were raided:
- HK Food 21 LLC, 2002 U.S. Hwy 41 N.
- W&W Food Mart (BP), 2009 E. 16th Ave.
- Watson’s Food Store (Shell), 2105 E. 16th Ave.
- Mitchell’s Bait and Tackle, 902 W. 16th Ave.
- S&P Lotto a/k/a Chris Lotto, 1217 E. 16th Ave.
- Red Dawg Sports Bar, 908 E. 16th Ave.
On Wednesday, the GBI released the names of the people who were charged with Felony Commercial Gambling:
• Yogeshpuri Goswami, 40, of Cordele
• Jyotsanaben Goswami, 41, of Cordele
• Gary Watson, 70, of Cordele
• Jason Brent Watson, 39, of Cordele
• Raymond English, 57, of Cordele
• Theresa English, 47, of Cordele
The businesses are licensed to operate Coin-Operated Amusement Machines, but officials found that customers were winning cash instead of credits.
During the searches, agents seized money gained from the illegal use of the machines.