Fire officials puzzled after woman brings in pet raccoon high fr - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Fire officials puzzled after woman brings in pet raccoon high from marijuana consumption

Fire officials said the raccoon met all of the symptoms of someone who has been exposed to marijuana. (Source: TWITTER) Fire officials said the raccoon met all of the symptoms of someone who has been exposed to marijuana. (Source: TWITTER)

(RNN) - An Indiana woman learned that keeping a raccoon as a pet may not be the best idea. 

The trash pandas are known to eat just about any and everything they can get their paws on, and in this case, that includes marijuana.

Instead of contacting the nearest veterinarian, the woman frantically woke Wayne Township firefighters up in the middle of the night, by ringing the doorbell repeatedly at 2 a.m.

"As many times as the doorbell on the firehouse was pushed, the firefighters were quite certain that something bad was going on outside," Fire Capt. Mike Pruitt told WTHR.

The woman was hysterical when she told the firemen that she needed help ... for her pet raccoon.

She told them the raccoon had consumed a large amount of pot.

After noticing that the animal was lethargic, and indeed suffering from common effects from marijuana exposure, officials said they told the woman there was little they could do and to let the high wear off, WTHR reported.

Copyright 2018 Raycom News Network. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly