WARWICK, GA (WALB) - Georgia's favorite breakfast festival is back.
The National Grits Festival is returning to Downtown Warwick on April 14 from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The festival starts off with breakfast and ends with a concert featuring country musician Matt Johnson.
Free admission, parking, contest entry, and transportation from the Lions Club will be provided all morning.
Several family activities will be held including all-day entertainment, vendors, and chances to win hundreds of dollars in contest prizes.
Here's the schedule:
- 7:30 to 9 a.m.: Breakfast at the Lions Club's kitchen (Hwy 313 to Schoolhouse Rd) *$5 donation*
- 8 a.m.: 5k Run starting at Lions Club *$25 entry fee*
- 9 a.m.: Downtown festivities begin
- 9 to 10 a.m.: Turn in grits dishes for the cook-off. No entry fee. (Warwick Community Center) *$250 1st place, $150 2nd place, $75 3rd place*
- 9:30 a.m.: Performance by Worth Co. Primary School and Worth Co. Elementary School
- 10 a.m.: Grits Cook-off Taster's Choice Competition. *Tickets will be sold for $1 each at the Community Center*
- 10:30 a.m.: Grits Eating Contest at the Gazebo
- 11 a.m.: A musical performance from Mr. Jeff Davis and his gospel band
- 12 p.m.: Midday Ceremony at the Gazebo (includes the announcement of cook-off winner and parade)
- 1 p.m.: Corn Shelling Contest at the Gazebo *cash prizes*
- 2 p.m.: The Girts Pit (Sign up at the Pit) *hundreds of dollars in cash prizes*
- 2 p.m.: Performance by country musician Matt Johnson
To sign up for the Grits Festival 5k run, you can register here.