Small pup rescued after Sumter Co. house fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Small pup rescued after Sumter Co. house fire

Batallion Chief Boley and Firefighter Bell work to revive the homeowners dog. (Source: Sumter: County Fire & Rescue's Facebook page) Batallion Chief Boley and Firefighter Bell work to revive the homeowners dog. (Source: Sumter: County Fire & Rescue's Facebook page)
Firefighters managed to revive the dog they found after a house fire. (Source: Sumter County Fire & Rescue's Facebook page) Firefighters managed to revive the dog they found after a house fire. (Source: Sumter County Fire & Rescue's Facebook page)
SUMTER CO., GA (WALB) -

Sumter County Fire & Rescue responded to a house fire on Freeman Avenue Wednesday evening and saved a small dog.

According to a Facebook post, crews quickly put out the blaze that was confined to the kitchen area of a home in the 200 block of South Freeman Avenue just before 6 p.m.

The post said a small dog, that wasn't breathing due to smoke, was found inside the home.

Firefighters then used a pet oxygen resuscitation kit and revived the small pup and returned it to its owners.

Copyright 2018 WALB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly