ALBANY, GA (WALB) - This story contains a list of all the 2018 cases classified as a homicide in Dougherty County.
If you know anything about these homicides, you’re asked to call CrimeSTOPPERS at 229-436-TIPS (8477). You can remain anonymous.
1. Steve Kenneth Wallace, 54, was arrested on January 9 after police say he stabbed Jamerson Wingfield, 61, 17 times with a screwdriver. The stabbing happened on January 6, and Wingfield succumbed to his injuries on January 13.
2. On January 13, Anthony Dawson IV, 16, was shot on South Jackson Street. He died from his injuries on March 5. Anthony Dawson Jr., 21, and Gernard Dawson, 20, are charged with felony murder and aggravated assault.
3. Brandon Kentrell Harris, 28, was charged with murder after Walter Lee Boone, Jr., 57, was found dead in a wooded area near West Gordon Avenue on January 22.
4. Jack Carlton Williams III, 31, was shot at a nightclub in the 700 block of East Broad Avenue on March 3. He was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
5. On May 8, Huey Neil, 77, shot and killed his wife Jessie, 71, in the 3500 block of Hamilton Drive before killing himself. Huey critically wounded his daughter, Lashonda.
6. Michael Taylor, 26, was shot and killed May 18 trying to break up a fight at June Bug's Convenience Store in the 1900 block of South Madison Street.
7. Jammie Davis, 23, is facing murder charges after police said he shot and killed La'Travius Burks, 29, in the 400 block of Hickory Lane May 18.
8. Jeff Bernard Cauley, Sr., 32, Matthew Bridges, 25, and Chris Davis, 27, are all charged in connection to a shooting on June 29 at Big Daddy's Lounge in Albany that killed Aretavius Washington, 33.
10. Gary Jeffries, 45, was shot and killed just before 1 a.m. August 11 in the 600 block of West Mercer Avenue.
11. Dominic Alexander Hunt, 25, was shot and killed. Hunt’s body was found just before 11 am August 20 in the 2100 block of Dervan Street.