(WALB) - As winter weather moves across Georgia, Georgia Power is preparing to be there, restoring any interruptions as quickly as the conditions allow.
Tools you can use year-round:
- Outage Alerts – Subscribe to the free Georgia Power Outage Alert service to receive personalized notifications and updates via text message.
- Outage & Storm Center – Visit www.georgiapower.com/storm, to sign up for Outage Alerts, report and check the status of outages, and access useful safety tips and information. Customers can report and check the status of an outage 24 hours a day by contacting Georgia Power at 888-891-0938.
- Outage Map – Housed within the Outage & Storm Center, Georgia Power’s interactive Outage Map provides near real-time information, allowing users to see where outages are occurring across the state and track estimated restoration times.
- Georgia Power Mobile App – Download the Georgia Power mobile app for Apple and Android devices to access storm and outage information on the go.
- Follow @GeorgiaPower on Twitter for storm tips, outage updates, customer service and more.
- Emergency Plan and Kit – Build a family emergency plan and emergency supply kit.
Keep up with weather on the go!
For real-time updates on weather in your area, download the WALB News and Weather apps.
Copyright 2017 WALB. All rights reserved.