ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An Albany home sustained heavy fire and smoke damage Friday night when a candle's flame was apparently spread.
The fire started just before 8 p.m. at a home in the 500 block of North Haley Street.
Firefighters said the blaze is still under investigation, but apparently, a child had papers that caught on fire from a candle. Then while trying to extinguish the fire, bedding also caught fire, sparking a larger blaze.
Both persons in the home escaped unharmed, but about 30 percent of the home was destroyed by the fire.
Copyright 2017 WALB. All rights reserved.