Dougherty County house fire blamed on unattended cooking - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Dougherty County house fire blamed on unattended cooking

(Source: WALB) (Source: WALB)
(Source: WALB) (Source: WALB)
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Albany Firefighters were called to a home in the 900 block of Moultrie Road about 1:30 Monday afternoon.

Firefighters said no one was home when they arrived.

Neighbors called to report the fire after seeing flames coming out the windows.

Firefighters said apparently food left cooking on the stove sparked a blaze that left the home with heavy flame and smoke damage.

The estimated damage is almost $20,000.

Copyright 2017 WALB. All rights reserved.

Keep up with WALB on the go! 
Follow us on social  
   and download our apps!

Powered by Frankly