COLQUITT CO., GA (WALB) - Officials in Colquitt County have issued a county-wide voluntary evacuation.
Officials urge anyone staying in Colquitt County during the storm to seek shelter in a sturdy structure and to keep the following in mind:
- E-911: If you observe or sustain personal or property damage, please dial 911. If you observe or sustain non-emergency events (such as a power outage), please contact your power company. Please do not tie up E-911 emergency phone lines with non-emergency calls.
- Reporting power outages: For Colquitt EMC, call 1-800-217-9104. For Georgia Power, call 1-888-891-0938. For City of Moultrie, call 229-668-6000. Georgia Power also has online power outage reporting.
- Downed trees or water over roads: Call the County Road & Bridge department at 229-616-7480.
- Solid Waste Pick-Up: Neither Colquitt County nor the city of Moultrie will run solid waste pick-up routes on Monday.If able, your cans will be collected on Tuesday, along with the regular Tuesday route. The Colquitt County landfill / transfer station will not be open on Monday.
- Law enforcement and emergency response officials will hold a final meeting tomorrow (Sunday) at 2:00pm. At the conclusion of that meeting, we will issue additional information concerning the storm.
Copyright 2017 WALB. All rights reserved.