MOODY AIR FORCE BASE, GA (WALB) - Moody Air Force Base will be closing on Monday as Hurricane Irma heads into Southwest Georgia.
The base is not currently evacuating any personnel at this time based on the most recent weather forecast.
Quiet Pines will stay open for residents.
Below is a list of facilities that will stop operations:
- Freedom 1 Fitness Center: Closed until further notice.
- Child Development Center: Closes 6 p.m. Friday
- Youth Center: Closes 6 p.m. Friday
- Grassy Pond: Closes 12 p.m. Saturday
- Golf Course: Closes 2 p.m. Sunday
- Base Exchange: Closes 5 p.m. Sunday
- Shoppette: Closes 5 p.m. Sunday
- Commissary: Closes 8 p.m. Sunday
- Dining Facility: Closes 6 p.m. Sunday
- SPOT: Closes 6 p.m. Sunday
- Moody Field Club: Closes 8 p.m. Sunday
Facility openings will be announced later.
You can get more information at contact the 23rd Wing public affairs office at (229) 257-4146.
Copyright 2017 WALB. All rights reserved.