Food left on stove causes fire at Palmyra Road duplex - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Food left on stove causes fire at Palmyra Road duplex

Firefighters responded to the scene of a fire on Palmyra Road Wednesday afternoon. (Source: WALB) Firefighters responded to the scene of a fire on Palmyra Road Wednesday afternoon. (Source: WALB)
No one was in the apartment, but a neighbor was home in the unit next door. (Source: WALB) No one was in the apartment, but a neighbor was home in the unit next door. (Source: WALB)
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Firefighters responded to the scene of a fire in the 1600 block of Palmyra Road around 1:30 Wednesday afternoon.

Officials said that there was food left cooking on the stove in the B unit of the duplex.

The stove caught fire, which then spread to the cabinets.

No one was in the apartment, but a neighbor was home in the unit next door.

Officials said the fire caused about $5,000 of damage in the B unit. Both units were damaged by smoke.

Power has been turned off to the building.

Copyright 2017 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Keep up with WALB on the go! 
Follow us on social  
   or download our apps!

Powered by Frankly