Camilla house explosion blamed on gas

Camilla house explosion blamed on gas

CAMILLA, GA (WALB) - The cause of the fire and subsequent explosion in Camilla Tuesday was determined to be accidental.

The explosion was caused by a partially opened propane gas valve behind an electric stove.

The home used to have a gas stove, which was replaced years ago. When the stove was replaced, the valve was not completely sealed.

What actually caused the spark is undetermined.

There were a lot of fumes in the home, and fire officials say anything could have set it off.

The explosion originated in the bedroom, investigators said.

The three victims are still being treated and in critical condition.

Copyright 2017 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Keep up with WALB on the go! 
Follow us on social  
   or download our apps!