WORTH CO., GA (WALB) - Worth County Fire Rescue crews were called to the 500 block of Jewell Crowe Road for a structure fire, about 2:30 Wednesday afternoon.
When they got to the house, they found heavy smoke and flames in the rear of the home.
The firefighters worked their way inside the home, and got to the source of the fire, which appeared to be in the kitchen
In about 10 minutes, they had the blaze extinguished.
A broken water line in the ceiling caused water damage to the house, but firefighters secured it so there wouldn't be more damage.
The homeowners were not home at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported on the scene.
Copyright 2017 WALB. All rights reserved.