Family displaced after house fire on Helen Street in Lee County - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Family displaced after house fire on Helen Street in Lee County

Fire crews were on the scene of a Lee County house fire Friday night. (Source: WALB) Fire crews were on the scene of a Lee County house fire Friday night. (Source: WALB)
(Source: WALB) (Source: WALB)
(Source: WALB) (Source: WALB)
LEE CO., GA (WALB) -

Fire crews responded to a house fire in the 200 block of Helen Street Friday night in Lee County.

The family wasn't home when the fire started and when they pulled into the driveway around 9:30, they saw the smoke and called 911.

There has been no report of injuries.

Crews arrived on the scene around 9:45 p.m. and saw smoke and fire coming from the home.

Fire officials said the blaze started around the stove and spread to the cabinets.

The kitchen and the dining room were damaged and the family was displaced and will be contacting the American Red Cross for assistance.

The fire was put out just after 10 p.m.

Copyright 2017 WALB. All rights reserved. 

Report an error Submit a tip to WALB News 10

Powered by Frankly