VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) - Valdosta police arrested the suspect in a shooting after receiving a tip from a citizen around noon on Wednesday.
According to VPD, officers received a tip that someone had spotted Aliza Dejun Dickey, 19, in a white Chevrolet Impala while driving and followed him, giving police updates on their location.
Officers and detectives set up in marked and unmarked vehicles near I-75 exits after the tip came in.
When the Impala took Exit 22 at North Valdosta Road, officers and detectives began following the vehicle.
VPD then conducted a 'felony traffic stop' in the 3400 block of North Valdosta Road and the Impala stopped in the parking lot of Music Funeral Home.
Police found Dickey, who was in the backseat along with Ronald Welsch, who had a stolen handgun and also had a felony warrant for his arrest in another case.
Both Dickey and Welsch were taken into custody, below are the charges each one is facing:
- Aliza Dejun Dickey
- The current outstanding warrant for Aggravated Assault (the Azalea Woods shooting) (FELONY)
- 3 additional counts of Aggravated Assault (FELONY)
- Aggravated Battery (FELONY)
- Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Crime (FELONY)
- Ronald Welsch
- 4 Felony counts of Theft by Entering Auto (FELONY)
- 4 counts of Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor (Misdemeanor)
- He is also facing charges of Theft by Receiving Stolen Property (Firearm) (FELONY
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon (FELONY
- Possession of a Firearm by a Minor (Misdemeanor)
Valdosta Police Chief Brian Childress said this in reference to Welsch's arrest:
Copyright 2017 WALB. All rights reserved.