ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Crews responded to the scene of a house fire in the 1200 block of Hilltop Drive Thursday afternoon.
The call came in around 2:15 p.m.
Investigators said a tree fell on the roof and knocked the weather head on the tar roof loose.
A spark smoldered for several hours before spreading to a shingled portion of the roof, sparking a huge blaze.
First responders worked for several hours to ventilate the roof and had to use a great deal of water to stop the fire.
Firefighters said there was extensive fire damage in the entire roof area.
Copyright 2017 WALB. All rights reserved.