VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) - Wednesday morning, seven business locations and one residence were searched for illegal gambling in the Valdosta area. Authorities are expecting several arrests.
Over 60 officers from the GBI's Commercial Gambling Unit, the Lowndes Co. Sheriff's Office, the Valdosta Police Department, the Georgia Lottery Corporation and the Georgia Department of Revenue executed eight search warrants in Lowndes County for violations of Georgia's commercial gambling laws.
Agents collected evidence related to crimes of commercial gambling and seized cash gained from the illegal use of gaming machines.
The locations are currently licensed to operate Coin Operated Amusement Machines, but they were giving cash payouts for winning credits. Only lottery tickets and/or store merchandise can be given as prizes from this type of gaming.
Search warrants were executed at the following business locations:
• Warraich 7862, LLC (7-11 Grocery), 1407 West Hill Ave., Suite C, Valdosta
• Leah 229, 2904 North Patterson Street, Suite I, Valdosta
• Lee Minit Mart #2, 1306 North Ashley Street, Valdosta
• Lee Minit Mart #1, 505 East Ann Street, Valdosta
• Citgo Station, 1836 West Hill Ave., Valdosta
• One Dollar Family, 1913 North Ashley Street, Valdosta
• Exclusive Production, 1412 East Park Ave., Suite D, Valdosta
Copyright 2017 WALB. All rights reserved.