AFD offers advice to residents about CO after leak at Taco Bell - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

AFD offers advice to residents about CO after leak at Taco Bell

Firefighters recently responded to the report of a CO leak at the Taco Bell on East Oglethorpe. (Source: WALB) Firefighters recently responded to the report of a CO leak at the Taco Bell on East Oglethorpe. (Source: WALB)
Deputy Chief Sebon Burns urges homeowners to install CO detectors inside your home to prevent the worst. (Source: WALB) Deputy Chief Sebon Burns urges homeowners to install CO detectors inside your home to prevent the worst. (Source: WALB)
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

Carbon monoxide, it's known as the silent killer but do you know how to protect you and your family from the odorless gas?

Albany firefighters are urging you to make sure you've installed carbon monoxide detectors throughout your homes to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. 

Firefighters recently responded to the report of a CO leak at the Taco Bell on East Oglethorpe. 

They used their tools to detect the CO levels, and used power fans to ventilate the restaurant, to allow employees back inside. 

Deputy Chief Sebon Burns urges homeowners to install CO detectors inside your home to prevent the worst. 

"It's very important if you have gas range in your house, or a furnace, or any equipment in your house that produces those type fumes," said Burns.

If you believe you may have a leak, call the fire department immediately. 

Copyright 2017 WALB. All rights reserved. 

Report an error Submit a tip to WALB News 10

Powered by Frankly