(WALB) - After receiving numerous requests to establish locations for residents to find shelter during Wednesday's severe weather, officials all over SWGA have elected to open places for residents to shelter during the storm.
Dougherty County: The Emergency Management Agency has reached out to community partners to open the following locations on Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.:
- Albany Family Worship Center
3024 Kensington Ct.
- Cutliff Grove Baptist Church
835 West Broad
- Byne Memorial Baptist Church
2832 Ledo Rd
- Victory Tabernacle Church
3250 Sylvester Rd.
- Westover High School
2600 Partridge Dr.
- Dougherty High School
1800 Pearce Ave
Wilcox County: Wilcox County Sheriff's Office has announced shelters that will be available for anyone seeking a safe place from Wednesday's weather. Those are listed below:
- Wilcox County Courthouse
- Rochelle City Hall and the First Baptist Church of Rochelle
- Pitts Community Center
- Pineview Community Center
- The Donnie Cochran Community Complex in Pelham will open at 8 a.m. as a tornado shelter.
- The St. James Baptist Church in Baconton
Ben Hill County: Two storm havens will open Wednesday.
- Dept. of Leisure Services at 816 North Main Street - 229-446-5050
- Senior Citizen Center at 253 Appomattox Rd. - 229-426-5185
- The Mathis City Auditorium will open at 3 p.m.
- New Horizons Shelter under Lowndes Associated Ministries to People, Inc. has a shelter option for homeless individuals and families
- Cook County Middle School Gym
- The Hope Center
508 Spring Oak Street
- First Baptist Church
124 North Gaskin Avenue
- Senda De Vida Church
4065 Highway 441 South
Cook County: The Cook County Middle School gym is open as a shelter.
Click HERE for a list of closed schools