ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Eleven counties in Southwest Georgia have qualified to receive FEMA assistance.
Those counties are:
Officials encourage affected residents to register with FEMA, even if they have insurance.
- Log onto DisasterAssistance.gov;
- Download the official FEMA app at Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Or, visit FEMA.gov/mobile-app. to download the app.
- Call 800-621-3362. Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability and use a TTY may call 800-462-7585. If you use 711 or VRS or require accommodations while visiting a center, call 800-621-3362. The toll-free numbers are open daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Visit a Disaster Recovery Center. To find the nearest center in southwest Georgia, log onto fema.gov and search for FEMA: DRC Locator.