ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Several roads in Albany were blocked Monday due to flooding. Albany Fire Chief Ron Rowe said just before noon Tuesday, that all the streets in Albany which had standing water were now clear.
Officials said these roads and intersections had to be closed yesterday:
- Intersection of Whitney and McKinley
- Intersection of Highland and McKinley
- 400 Block of North Davis
- 200 Block South Davis
- 600 Block of Eugemar
- 1100 Block of West Waddell
- 1900 Block of Moultrie Road
The following roads had water over them but were not blocked off:
- 1300 block West Oglethorpe
- Intersection of Society and Van Buren
- 1300 Blaylock
- 1500 Malone
- 2800 Block of Old Dawson (West bound lane)
- 1200 North Westover
- 500 Meadowlark
- Intersection of Don Cutler and Swift
- 2800 Ridgewood
- 1400 block of West Gordon (both lanes)
- 700 Flint Avenue
Officials urge drivers not to drive through standing water. EMA Director Ron Rowe said that police and fire officials have responded to several calls to rescue vehicles stuck in water.
More weather updates
No damage has been reported in Grady, Thomas, Mitchell, Decatur, Colquitt or Seminole counties at this time. All of those counties were under a tornado warning at some point Monday evening.
We'll keep you updated on more severe weather alerts.