ATLANTA, GA (WALB) - Governor Nathan Deal is following a recommendation from the EPD to raise 52 counties to Level II Drought Response. An additional 58 counties have been designated as Level I.
"During this prolonged period of severe drought in Georgia, we are bolstering the state's drought response in more than 100 counties," Deal said. "I would like to remind Georgians that there are specific guidelines and prohibitions to follow during a Level I and Level II Drought Response."
At Level II, prohibited outdoor water uses include:
· Washing hard surfaces such as streets and sidewalks.
· Water for ornamental purposes, such as fountains.
· The use of fire hydrants, except for firefighting and public safety.
· Non-commercial washing of vehicles.
· Non-commercial pressure washing.
· Fundraising car washes.
Most all the Level II counties are in north Georgia, and the Level I counties are in the southern part of Georgia.