ALBANY, GA (WALB) - The Albany Fire Department completely extinguished a grass fire off the bypass on Blaylock Street Saturday evening.
First responders closed off roads around the fire while they worked to clear the smoke, but everything is back open now.
No structures were damaged in the fire.
The fire marshal said Saturday afternoon he was traveling down Highway 19 near the Blaylock exit when he noticed a driver throw a lit cigarette out of their window.
The lit cigarette started a grass fire.
Before the fire marshal could stomp out the flame, a nearby tree got caught on fire.